Inventory Control coordinates the tracking and capitalization of equipment purchased by individual departments at the University of New Mexico. This web site is intended to facilitate the needs of individuals and departments by making guidelines, forms, and information regarding inventories accessible online.
Effective immediately, capital expenditures related to existing assets can be allocated to account codes 9000 (Equipment/Furniture >$5,000) or 9020 (Computer Hardware >$5,000) onlyif they meet the below criteria:
- Individual transactions must be greater than $500,
- item must be permanently and intrinsically attached to asset, and
- must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Item must extend useful life of the asset by more than 1 year
- Item increases the asset’s capacity, functionality or operating efficiency
- Item enables the asset to perform a function it was unable to perform originally
Individual transactions that do not meet the criteria above must be allocated to account codes 3180 (Non Capital Equipment <$5,001) or 3150 (Computer Supplies <$5,001).
*The $500 threshold is based upon 10% of State and Federal Law capitalization criteria of $5,000.00 for capital equipment.
Please make note of the following contacts for your future reference if you need to:Inventory Control
John and June Perovich Business Center
Peggy Sedillo (505) 249-2227 Mobile
Marever Gonzalez-Ramos (505) 277-7715 Phone
Michelle Albro (505) 277-3519 Phone
Breanna Lopez (505) 277-0598 Phone
Offices of Financial Services
Credit, Collection & Merchant Services
Contract & Grant, Main
Financial Services, HSC
Financial Services, Main
Financial Services Resources
Finance Systems Management
Unrestricted Accounting, Main